New fraud attempts are surfacing that are targeting Elements Financial members, and we want you to be aware of this scenario. Our fraud prevention teams have learned that fraudsters are texting members directly to verify credit and debit card transactions. After sending the text, a follow-up phone call from a “spoofed” Elements phone number is common. The caller claims to be an Elements employee within our fraud department. In many cases, members might trust the fraudulent caller and proceed to release and compromise their online banking credentials, including usernames and passwords.
We value the trust you place in us to be your credit union partner for life. And we want to make every effort to raise awareness of scams and fraud that can put you, your friends, and family at risk. Elements continually takes active measures in all activities to protect your accounts from scams or fraud, however, every member also plays a key role in the protection of one’s own accounts.
If you receive a telephone call or a text message that claims to be from Elements, you must NEVER PROVIDE YOUR SECURE ACCESS CODES, PASSWORDS, USER IDs, FULL DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD NUMBERS, OR PINs — even if the caller ID, text, or email shows "Elements Financial" as the sender.
You might receive calls, texts, and/or emails from an automated system when we detect suspicious activity on your accounts. These calls are intended to confirm whether the transaction(s) are legitimate so appropriate measures can be taken if they are not.
Elements will never ask you for this information when calling you.
- Online Banking Passwords or User IDs
- Online Banking Secure Access Code or One-Time Passcode
- Personal Identification Number (PIN) for your Debit or Credit Cards
- Full 16 digits of your Debit or Credit Card number (If you contact us first, we may ask you to verify the last four digits.)
- Social Security Number (If you contact us first, we may ask you to verify.)
- Member Number (If you contact us first, we may ask you to verify.)
When in doubt about any communication from Elements, please pause and Contact Us.